General Job Description
The Ground-Up Project Manager is responsible for the successful completion of all aspects of Ground-Up projects including client relations, quality, timeliness, and profitability. This is a critical member of our organization as you will facilitate our work and represent to clients and the construction community our incredibly high quality standards. The successful candidate will uphold the company’s unmatched consistency in delivering successful projects that meet client’s objectives with extraordinary levels of quality and customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be dedicated to serving our clients by establishing meaningful connections, developing solid understanding of client objectives, initially and continually setting expectations with clients and project team, and rallying project teams to achieve common goals.
- Own and manage all aspects of projects including client relationships, schedules, budgets, profitability, BWI procedures, etc. through comprehensive project completion.
- Attain a thorough and complete understanding of the General Contract, each subcontract, the drawings, and specifications. Proactively identify design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project-specific issues.
- Collaborate with the Project Superintendent to develop, refine, and continually update project schedules to ensure all milestones are identified and tracked. Consistently communicate sequence and schedule updates to all subcontractors and vendors.
- Meet weekly and communicate daily with Superintendent to assess project progress, schedule, changes, and deliveries.
- Communicate, promote, and enforce safety protocols to ensure job sites consistently meet or exceed OSHA safety standards.
- Identify, procure, process, and review all required permits and inspections.
- Maintain appropriate documentation throughout the project including change order logs, RFI logs, submittal logs, etc. and prepare and present bi-monthly project status reports.
- Track and timely execute pay applications, pay requests, funding, invoices, and payments.
- Communicate daily with owners, tenant reps, construction managers, Superintendents and Project Coordinators to ensure a coordinated progress toward the common goal.
- Manage project through comprehensive completion including punch walk, final payments, and close out document delivery.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with managing interior Tenant Improvement out and/or ground up construction projects in healthcare, commercial, or retail environments.
- Proven ability to build quality relationships with clients, architects, engineers, sub-contractors, employees, and our community.
- Solid track record of closing out jobs on time and on budget with the highest quality.
- Strong communications skills with a respectful, positive and personable style.
- Resourceful and thorough problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Master Builder.
About The Burt Group
The Burt Group, Inc. is a highly respected general contracting and construction management firm serving Central Texas clients with commercial interior and ground-up development in retail and healthcare environments. Our team delivers successful projects in sustainable construction with unmatched consistency, exceptional expertise, extraordinary quality, and unparalleled customer service.
To apply, please send your resume and the position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.